Principal Engineer/Scientist - TUFLOW Software Manager
Where truly outstanding people design and deliver engineering success. BMT was formed in 1985 and is the largest, independent maritime research and technology organisation in the world. BMT has over 30 offices on five continents and employs over 1,200 technical staff. We provide services to industry, commerce, policy-makers, regulators and public sector operators in the fields of energy and environment, transport and defence on a global basis. The ongoing success of our company is found in our dedication to scientific and engineering excellence, value for money, innovation and a strong customer focus.
- We are adventurous thinkers, and responsible, responsive doers.
- We constantly challenge ourselves, our colleagues, our partners and our competitors.
- We use BMT's breadth and depth to find new opportunity.
- We raise the standards for integrity and presentation in everything we do.
BMT are formalising and expanding our UK and European operations in the Water and Environment Software services sector, and are seeking a Principal Engineer/Scientist with strong Business Development and sound Technical skills to support our growth.
You are joining at an exciting time and can make a difference to the business. Coming on board you will help maintain and enhance services to our well-established UK, and emerging European, TUFLOW user base through our support and training services, geographically grow sales of TUFLOW Products and other software, and work closely with our consulting teams and external clients to value add to our environmental consulting services and our software.
You will be working with an established and dynamic team in London, and over time, other BMT environmental engineering teams in other locations within the UK and Europe.
- Contact new clients in new markets to expand software sales.
- Sell software products and services offered by the business.
- Network with TUFLOW Users and foster close working relationships.
- Oversee the management and coordination of the UK TUFLOW User Conference.
- Carry out and manage UK and European TUFLOW support and training services.
- Liaise regularly with our software developers to continually enhance our software products, and importantly, encapsulate the needs of the UK and European industries.
- Liaise and work with TUFLOW Vendors including CH2M (FloodModeller) and Innovyze (XP‑2D).
- Market software offerings and BMT consulting services to potential clients and partners.
- Determine the monetary and strategic value of financial propositions and decisions.
- Contribute to creative discussions and decision-making about our future business directions.
- Analyse business operations and seek opportunities for growth.
- Monitor changes in industry software trends and client relationships.
- Present to executives and other staff.
As Principal Engineer/Scientist you will:
- Perform professional technical work with considerable independence in approach, and a high degree of originality, ingenuity and judgement.
- Provide strategic advice to management and business units, and directions or opinions on business opportunities.
- Encourage other employees and customers to take part in growing the business by showing enthusiasm for your work and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Supervise and review the work of engineers, scientists and technicians assisting with software related services.
- Share knowledge and act as mentor within an area of expertise or across the business.
- Adhere to, and actively promote, quality, safety and environmental procedures/ standards.
- Contribute to leadership activities in the workplace, and at seminars / conferences by authoring papers and presenting at events.
To be successful, applicants will be required to address the following essential criteria:
- Substantial experience working at Principal level within the UK flood risk management sector.
- Established experience using the TUFLOW software.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities, and sell products and services.
- Proven track record of developing good working relationships with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in identifying, developing and applying leading edge technology and innovative approaches.
- Completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant area of study.
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field such as flood hydraulics, hydrology or floodplain management is desirable but not essential.
You will be joining a company whose culture is focused on the sustainability of the business's core values, in which the personal and professional development of our staff, the flexible ‘family' friendly workplace, the challenge of innovative work, and the enjoyment of what we do is paramount.
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be forwarded to Tiffanny Jackson-Davey, HR Business Partner, BMT Group Ltd, (email@example.com).
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
For further details about the BMT Group visit our website http://www.bmt.org/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Tiffanny.Jackson-Davey@BMTglobal.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying
Tiffanny Jackson-Davey on 0208 614 4271