Graduate Engineer - Mechanical / Mechatronics (Newcastle)
BMT WBM is one of Australia's leading engineering consultancies providing services in the mining, energy, defence, rail/transport, ports and environmental sectors in Australia and internationally.
The company has a reputation for innovation and for delivering the highest quality, highest value solutions to address client needs.
In this role, you would have the opportunity to be involved in what we consider to be "real engineering" – hands on field measurement, design, high-end analysis and diagnostic troubleshooting.
To meet current market demands, we are looking for a talented mechanical or mechatronic engineer with up to 2 years of relevant heavy industry experience to join our team in Newcastle.
Our ideal candidate will have strong abilities and interest in the following fields:
- Experimental stress analysis
- Field measurements and troubleshooting
- Plant and structural compliance inspections and condition assessments
- Life extension studies
- Mechanical design and stress analysis
- Design reviews of plant and machinery
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Client engagement
- Team work
As a minimum, suitable applicants will have:
- Graduate qualifications in mechanical or mechatronic engineering
- Two years of relevant heavy industry experience would be highly regarded
- The right to live and work in Australia
- Current class C open license
Skills in the following would be highly regarded:
- Analytical, investigative and design skills
- Competence in computational stress analysis – ideally using one of the following software packages: ANSYS, Strand7
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a business that values adventurous thinkers and responsible and responsive doers. We provide a work environment with breadth and depth that supports personal development and provides a stimulating work environment.
BMT WBM and the BMT Group have a unique and supportive culture, where the enjoyment of what we do grows out of focus on the pursuit of technical excellence and innovation.
Applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be submitted by August 31, 2017. Click here to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.