Senior Environmental / Civil Engineer
Our Brisbane office is currently recruiting Environmental/Civil Engineers to join our existing team working in the water and environment market, with a focus on flood studies (including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling), floodplain management, and flood forecasting and warning.
BMT WBM is a leading edge consultancy providing specialist consulting services in water and environment. With over 40 years' experience BMT WBM offers significant resources and expertise in its areas of specialisation. The company's team of highly qualified engineers and scientists are committed to using their skills and experience to the benefit of their clients, communities and the environment.
You will be joining a dynamic and exciting group of engineers and scientists providing leading-edge modelling solutions in flood hydraulics and flood management. You will be working closely with specialists in hydraulic modelling, flood management, flood forecasting and also with the developers of the TUFLOW software. Your roles and responsibilities may include:
- Undertaking and project managing a range of flooding related projects in the fields of hydrology and numerical flood modelling, flood risk assessment, floodplain management, flood warning and forecasting.
- Working as part of a team to develop and apply innovative solutions and deliver high quality solutions to clients requiring a high level of individual judgement and initiative.
- Contributing to the ongoing successful operation of the Flood Group through the development of client relationships and business opportunities.
- Training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Liaising and collaborating with the broader BMT WBM organisation, within both flood related and multi-disciplinary fields including coastal processes, water sensitive urban design and water quality modelling.
Applicants should have from 7 to 12 years' of post-graduate experience. Your work will be challenging and will require innovative and pragmatic thinking, as well as proven project application skills. To be successful, applicants will have some or all of the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering or equivalent.
- 7-12 years' experience post-graduation.
- Extensive experience in developing, calibrating and simulating flood models using the TUFLOW software.
- Excellent GIS skills in one or more platforms such as ArcGIS, MapInfo and QGIS.
- Recognise the importance of attention to detail and put this into practice in all that you do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in developing and applying leading edge technology.
- A willingness and capability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with staff in your team. Enjoy mentoring those with less experience.
- RPEQ, or immediate eligibility for RPEQ
- Right to work in Australia.
Additional qualifications, attributes and skill sets that are highly desirable are:
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field such as: flood hydraulics, hydrology, floodplain management, flood forecasting or catchment modelling.
- Experience or strong interest in project problem solving/task automation through scripting/programming.
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be submitted by close of business 22 August 2017. Click here to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org