Graduate Engineer / Scientist
Our Brisbane office is currently recruiting Environmental/Civil Engineers and/or Environmental Scientists to join our existing team working in the water and environment market, with a focus on flood studies (including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling), floodplain management, and flood forecasting and warning. The recruitment is in response to the continued growth of our flood consultancy services in Queensland.
BMT WBM is a leading edge consultancy providing specialist consulting services in water and environment. With over 40 years' experience BMT WBM offers significant resources and expertise in its areas of specialisation. The company's team of highly qualified engineers and scientists are committed to using their skills and experience to the benefit of their clients, communities and the environment.
You will be joining a dynamic and exciting group of engineers and scientists providing leading-edge modelling solutions in flood hydraulics and flood management. Opportunities exist to work closely with specialists in hydraulic modelling, flood management, flood forecasting and also with the developers of the TUFLOW software. These opportunities may potentially include:
- Undertaking a range of flooding related projects in the fields of hydrology and numerical flood modelling, floodplain management, flood forecasting whilst under supervision from senior staff.
- Working as part of a team to develop and apply innovative solutions and deliver high quality solutions to clients requiring a high level of individual judgement and initiative.
- Gaining experience more broadly within BMT WBM, with opportunities in our other disciplines including estuary, coastal and catchment management, environmental monitoring, impact assessment and management.
Applicants should have 0 to 2 years of post-graduate experience with a strong interest in flood modelling and management. To be successful, applicants need to address and demonstrate the following criteria:
- Completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Environmental Science, or other relevant area of study.
- 0-2 years' experience post-graduation.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in developing and applying leading edge technology.
- Right to work permanently in Australia.
Additional qualifications, attributes and skill sets that are highly desirable are:
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field such as: flood hydraulics, hydrology, floodplain management, flood forecasting or catchment modelling.
- GIS skills, preferably in mainstream platforms such as ArcGIS, MapInfo or QGIS.
- Experience with hydraulic or hydrologic modelling packages
- Experience or strong interest in project problem solving/task automation through scripting/programming.
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be submitted prior to 2 June 2017. Click here to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.