Our Sydney office is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Flood Engineer to join our team of specialist engineers and scientists working on a wide range of flooding projects.
BMT WBM is a leading edge engineering and environmental consultancy. With over 40 years' experience BMT WBM offers significant expertise in its specialist areas of water and environment, as well as machinery engineering. The company is committed to achieving benefits for clients, communities and the environment.
Depending on your level of experience, responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking a wide range of flooding and water resources projects in the fields of hydrology, hydraulics, numerical flood modelling, flood warning and forecasting, flood risk assessment and floodplain management.
- Liaising with clients for the purposes of service delivery.
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of relevant software, systems and processes.
- Working as part of a project team to develop innovative solutions and deliver high quality projects requiring a high level of individual judgement and initiative.
- Liaising and collaborating more broadly within BMT WBM, within both flood related and multi-disciplinary fields including coastal processes, water sensitive urban design and water quality modelling.
We are open to applications for this role from 8 to 15 years of experience. To be successful, applicants will be required to address the following essential criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant area of study.
- Between 8 and 15 years' experience post-graduation.
- Experience in developing, calibrating and running flood models, ideally using TUFLOW software.
- Experience in floodplain management, such as in developing flood risk management studies and plans.
- Experience in project management, directing junior staff and client liaison.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- GIS skills in one or more platforms such as ArcGIS, MapInfo and QGIS.
- Right to work in Australia.
The following attributes are highly desirable:
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field such as flood hydraulics, hydrology or floodplain management.
- XML coding experience.
- Interest in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities.
- Keen interest in identifying, developing and applying leading edge technology and innovative approaches.
You will be joining a company whose culture is focused on the sustainability of the business's core values, in which the personal and professional development of our staff, the flexible ‘family' friendly workplace, the challenge of innovative work, and the enjoyment of what we do is paramount.
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be submitted to email@example.com.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org